Long Term Evolution more commonly known as 4G LTE is totally based on high speed data standards. Its a packet based switching.VoLTE:
Voice over Long Term Evolution uses packet based switching to transfer voice data. Its advancement of LTE technology.Now its a little tough to understand on technical terms so let's make it a little simple.
The difference between your normal voice calls and VoLTE is a lot similar like difference between your normal call and WhatsApp or Messenger call. Later one uses data packets to carry your voice, like a multimedia platform. So its more efficient in terms of bandwidth and more clarity as data flow is more smooth.
Also voice calls used circuit based switching in comparison to VoLTE which uses packet based switching.
Now to your question,
No, VoLTE is just an advancement of LTE. If you have LTE enabled it doesn't mean you have VoLTE.
The part where how you would know,
Steps to Check VoLTE Support in Reliance Jio Sim Mobile
- Insert Reliance Jio sim in your device
- Just Wait for the network signal to come
- You will receive the VoLTE sign under Status bar or Mobile Network Sign
- This will Confirm VoLTE Support in your Device
- That’s how you can check VoLTE support in Reliance Jio Sim Mobile
- First you need to check the device specifications
- Check the processor whether it is running on Qualcomn Snapdragon or not
- If Yes then cross check is your processor in this list or not.
- These are the Snapdragon chipsets:- 210, 400, 410, 415, 425, 430, 435, 615, 616, 617, 625, 650, 652, 800, 801, 805, 808, 810, 820, 821 and 823.
- If your mobile specs contain the above chipset then your device supports volte
How To Check VoLTE Support in Mediatek Processors Devices
- Again you need to check device specifications
- If it is running on mediatek processor, then cross check your chipset from the following
- There are the mediatek chipsets, MT6752, MT6753, MT6755 (a.k.a. Helio p10), MT6795 (a.k.a. Helio x10), MT6797 (a.k.a. Helio x20), MT6757 (a.k.a. Helio p20).
- That’s it you just checked the VoLTE support of your mobile.
How To Activate Jio Sim from any Non-VoLTE Supported Mobile:
- Jio sim activation doesn’t require VoLTE Support
- But it require VoLTE support to enjoy Unlimited Voice calls
- So you can activate Jio Sim from any mobile.
- If you don’t own a VoLTE Supported Device you can still Get Unlimited internet.
- All you need is LTE support to enjoy Jio Features
How To Enable VoLTE Support in Any Mobile ?
As mentioned earlier once you checked VoLTE support in your mobile, you need to confirm that it is enabled or not. If you can use unlimited HD voice calls over LTE that means it is working fine. But if you unable to use unlimited HD voice calls then you need to enable VoLTE support in that device. This process can be done in two ways, I am giving every possible solution. At the end of all two how to enable Volte support in any mobile methods I will give you the trick on how to get jio unlimited HD voice calls on any mobile i.e Non-Volte Supported mobiles.
Steps to Enable VoLTE Support in Any Mobile
- Open dial and Type *#*#4636#*#*
- Choose Phone information option from test Screen.
- Now you can Enable VoLTE Support Provisioned Flag.
- Restart your device.
- Now you can see 4G LTE option under Network Bar
- This will activated unlimited HD Voice Calls
How To Enable VoLTE Support in Any Mobile:
- First you need to Install SQLite App & launch this app.
- Then visit file Manager app.
- Tap on data > data > com.android providers.settings > databases.
- Open Settings.db , Global , search for Volte_feature_disabled
- Change the value from 1 to 0
- Restart your device, this is how you can enable VoLTE